Saturday, July 17, 2010

The First Excursion!!! Friday and Saturday



So... It was a sunny Friday, July 9 2010, Chippewa Valley Museum.

I was very excited about the trip. Frankly saying,at first I was not so much into history, and anything related to that but this visit changed my opinion. I had a lot of fun there. The tour guide (a very nice grandfather figure) was friendly and passionately gave us a lot of interesting facts about Eau Claire and Wisconsin. I really did have a good time. There were a lot of interesting things too in the museum like the Sunny Day School from long long time ago,a lumberjack house,and also I got to see the Paul Bunyan sculpture and his blue ox! I saw a badger too, the Wisconsin mascot! There was a movie about it too, it was awesome. The movie was about how the immigrants moved from their home country in Europe to Wisconsin. They even showed the real things like the dining room, the bedroom, etc. inside the theater. It moved and changed as the story continued. It was soooo awesome!I really do want to go there again. :)

And this was on the next day, Saturday, July 10 2010, Minneapolis/ St. Paul.

We went to the Twin Cities!!! It took about 2 hours to get there (well I don't really remember because I slept most of the time). The first stop in Minnesota was the Cathedral in the St. Paul. It was a very gorgeous church. At the moment I stepped my feet in it all I could think was "I want to get married here!". It was big, filled with classic, antique, beautiful things (the sculptures of the Saints, the paintings and everything).
Then we continued our trip to the Sculpture park in Minneapolis (if I'm not mistaken but I think it's right). The park was very huge and there were a lot of interesting sculptures in it. There were a cheery in a spoon, a giant fish, and other indescribable sculptures. They were unique!
Next.. Lunch time! We were very hungry for sure! We went to the downtown to find something to eat. There were a lot of restaurants there. The downtown of Minneapolis is very different from Eau Claire. (There are a lot of tall buildings and also very crowded!) Finally, we found a Thai restaurant and we were excited about the food. I had a very spicy Thai fried rice and it tasted very very goooooddddddd.... After the lunch we went to the Minnie Haha Fall. It's a funny name. lol. It was a beautiful waterfall but I decided to stay in the upper side because I didn't have the energy for going down. :(
Last destination? The Mall of Americaaaaaaaaaaaaa.... Shopping time! I got my energy back!! The mall is huge! It even has a small theme park in it. There are roller coaster and the other extreme yet exciting rides inside the mall. I wanted to explore more but we did not have much time so I only went to the Nordstroms and The Macy's.
That's all for the Friday-Saturday trip. :)
I had a lot of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment