Friday, July 23, 2010

MADISONNNNNN!!!!




For the second excursion we went to the capital of Wisconsin, Madison. This time we spent the whole weekend there. It was so awesome. Madison is very different from Eau Claire if I might say. It was very crowded!

The most thing I like about Madison was SHOPPING.

We were pretty lucky because there was a big sale in Madison. There were tons of boutique and clothes stores plus there is sale everywhere, it was like the girls favorite place! My roommates, Carolina, Susan, and Fa spent the evening on the Terrace. We enjoyed the band playing that night. I would call it a duo rather a band because there were only two guys. One was the vocalist and playing guitar and the one was playing the keyboard. I really liked his voice and the songs. And I bet everybody there enjoyed it too. It was so very crowded that we could not find a chair to sit. We decided to sit on the floor.

In the next morning we had a tour to the State Capitol. You all have to believe me, It was very very very awesome! The building was very huge, pretty, artistic, luxury.. so beautiful that I can't describe. We went to the almost all the chambers including the Supreme Court which is the highest level of court there. In every chamber there were a lot of paintings and sculptures that have their own story. It was fascinating. One thing that caught most of my attention was the Badger sculpture. Once told that when you rub the nose of the Badger it will give you luck. I rubbed it, twice! I hope I will have a lot of luck.

After the Capitol we continued the tour into the Wisconsin Historical Museum near the state Capitol. It was four floors museum. We had a great time there even though there was no tour guide to accompany us. We had to explore the museum by ourselves. I found a lot of cool stuffs there.

To sum up, the trip was awesome! I had a lot of new clothes plus the sunburned! I have got very tanned!

No comments:

Post a Comment