Monday, July 26, 2010

July 7, Bluestone Park



If I could stop thinking about it just for a little while it would be the best thing to do. But no, I cannot. All the memory won’t fade away. It is a rainy Sunday morning. I am sitting on an old bench at the Bluestone Park with an umbrella in my hand. It is raining hard, very hard and I do not know where to go. My mind is mixed up. I cannot think. And every time I close my eyes looking for a peace I can clearly see him in my head, I can see him calling my name, looking deep at my eyes. It is torturing me. It is getting hard to breathe. I cannot breathe…
***
July 7, 2007
I found a perfect place to calm myself today. It was a beautiful park 5 blocks away from the apartment. I spent the evening reading 89 pages of Persuasion in the quite place. It was very relaxing and I could finally read something peacefully without any distraction from the noisy boys next door. As I was starting to read the 90th page all of the sudden I heard footsteps were coming from the someplace. I was a little bit surprised because it was quite late and I could barely see other people in the park. I looked around trying to find whose footsteps it was. After a while I could see a man walking alone, walking toward me.
“Hi, excuse me miss. Do you know where the nearest gas station is?”
That was the first sentence that came from him. And later he told me that he was heading to the neighbor city and suddenly his car broke down because it was run out the gas. I told him that I would walk him to the nearest gas station. He was a very nice guy. I supposed he was 6 feet 3 inches tall, very tall. I liked his blue eyes and blond hair.
It took us 20 minutes to reach the gas station. We spent the whole 20 minutes by talking and talking. It was a very nice conversation, he told me about where he was from and his new job that made him move to the new city.
“Thank you for walking me here. You really helped me, thank you again.” He said.
“By the way, I am Peter. It is strange that I did not mention my name before.” He continued
“It’s Amanda.” I replied with the smile on face.
***

July 7, 2010
09.30 am
Time did go so fast. We did not think that it could be this long. We have spent 3 amazing years together. And today Peter asked me to move in with him, in this special day, the day we first met each other. I said yes.
6.30 pm
We decided to start moving in together. We could not wait any longer because we were very excited. While Peter went to his apartment to pick up half of his stuffs I cleaned my apartment and made a space for his stuffs.
“Hi, I am on my way back. I will be there in 10 minutes I suppose. Can you wait for me in the Park, roomie? I have a surprise for you.” he said on the phone.
I turned off the phone and finished cleaning the mess as soon as I could. I grabbed my jacket and left the apartment and went to the Bluestone Park. It was a Perfect timing. I saw he was parking his car across the road. He saw me and smiled. He looked so excited with something on his hand. I could see that he could not wait to show it to me. He was running to cross the road and all of the sudden a car appeared from the other road with the high speed. He could not avoid it. I saw the car hit him with my own eyes. I saw him was lying down in the road with blood all over him and a ring next to his hand. I saw him dying. I saw it with my own eyes.
***


July 26, 2010
Aventia Wilona

2 comments:

  1. Ahhh...wish it couldn't happen in your real life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My tears suddenly fell down when I read the last sentences of your post. Those scenes will always be a tragic memory in my mind. I don't know if it's a true story, but I wish nothing like that would happen in real life.


    Walter Tully

    ReplyDelete